A special partnership collaboration to deliver
RF, Microwave and Wireless Training Courses
CommTech teamed up with Eastronics and Rohde & Schwarz to collaborate in delivering RF, Microwave and Wireless training courses to the Hi-Tech and the Defense Industries in Israel.
Software Defined Radio (SDR) - Course Overview
SDR-Software Defined Radio from Theory to Practice
Dr. Shmuel Miller
at the BMR2017 the Israeli Wireless symposium
A Software-Defined-Radio (SDR) design methodology employing Matlab/Simulink, an RF front-end (FE) and a PC is presented and demonstrated. Analog and digital modulation receiver examples are used to facilitate the flexibility and effectiveness of this approach.
Hands-on Design Exercises-Simulation examples
16QAM constellation after shaped Tx, a noiseless channel and Rx matched-filter.
16QAM eye-pattern (I or Q diagrams are similar) after shaped Tx, a noiseless channel and Rx matched-filter.
16QAM Tx Spectrum, after RRC (root-raised cosine)
shaping with α=0.5.
16QAM constellation after shaped Tx, an additive-white Gaussian noise (AWGN) channel (Eb/No=13dB) and Rx matched-filter.
16QAM eye-pattern (I or Q diagrams are similar) after shaped Tx, an additive-white Gaussian noise (AWGN) channel (Eb/No=13dB) and Rx matched-filter.
A Simulink overall block-diagram of a 16QAM
Tx – AWGN Channel – Rx system, and bit-error-rate (BER) measurement
- Power measurements by several detectors (incl. peak, ave. and RMS)
- Sensitivity measurements (for QAM and Pulse signals) with averaging (using varying BV and screens averaging)
- Phase noise measurement of a frequency source
- Measurement of NF (of an amplifier and SSBNF of a mixer)
- Peak-to-Average measurement (PAPR)
- Measurement of third-order intercept point (IP3) and SFDR
- Basic calibration
- Improved calibration (suitable for reject band of filters)
- Measurement of BPF (S-parameters, Phase and delay response)
- Measurement of an Amplifier (AM/AM, AM/PM, 1dB comp., Harmonics)
- Measurement of load mismatch, and perform Single-Stub matching
- Perform a broadband calibration (de-embedding)
- EVM tests
- Measurement of I-Q imbalance and IR (image-rejection)
- BER measurement
- Measurement PAPR of a detailed-QAM-constellation
- Measurement of BW and ACPR
- Measurement of emission mask-compliance for a WCDMA signal without and with an amplifier
Microwave and RF design using Simulation software. Session conducted in a fully equipped computer class and includes practical hands on practicing
A series of thorough and broad hands-on tests accomplished with advanced state-of-the-art laboratory equipment
Spacious classroom, Well equipped, Pleasant atmosphere. Coffee and refreshments , Easy access location, Free parking
CommTech’s lecturers are not only communications professionals but also accomplished instructors, they bring unparalleled expertise and industry experience, combined with exceptional academic excellence.
This is the greatest factor distinguishing CommTech from other training companies.
Shmuel Miller Ph.D.
Arie Reichman Ph.D.
Zeev Iluz Ph.D.
Learning Management System (LMS)
Delivery of e-Learning content (including mobile), Assignments, Quizzes and Grades.
Administration, Documentation, Progress and Performance tracking, Assessment and extensive Reporting
Desktop, mobile, and tablet access
Printed Learning Materials
he material of all lectures is provided prior to each lecture and is saved in a professional binder. Overall the course binder includes roughly 1000 slides, with extra space provided for adding written comments during the lectures.
Document Your Expertise
Our Certification confirms your enhanced technical skills. This broad comprehension of diverse RF and Microwave topics will enrich your proficiency on diverse categories, including: design, system engineering, testing, SW and HW integration and validation.
Among Our Customers:
What course participants say
“Thank you very much for the great course”Dr. Pavel GinzburgDepartment of Electrical Engineering Physical Electronics, Tel Aviv University
“Excellent course and the teacher was great and his methodology was excellent! The communication, presentation, knowledge, preparation and the quality of the training material was excellent.”Gilad Krupsky ReismanBIRD Aerosystems
“בהחלט תרם לעבודתי ולרמתי המקצועית תודה מקרב לב על הקורס המעולה. נהניתי והתרגשתי מכל פגישה”Barak ShapiraAllot Communications
“Excellent Course. There were sufficient opportunity for interactive participation. Instructor was very knowledgeable and did a very good job of presenting the material. The handouts provided were helpful. This training is among the best trainings I have received.”Lev ShamisMotorola Solusions
“חייב לציין שהקורס היה מדהים ומועיל בצורה בלתי רגילה, נהניתי גם מהחומר וגם מרמת ההרצאות והמרציםכמו כן הארגון היה מצוין כולל מקום, חומר מודפס, כיבוד וכו”Yevgeni PensAlma Lazers
SDR-Software Defined Radio. Opening Date:
June 4, 2017
Comprehensive and intensive syllabus, advanced learning materials and experienced lecturers means
More Knowledge, in Less Time, at a Lower Cost
Worldwide Course Delivery
Benefit from the Course Regardless of Your Location
The RF, Microwave and Wireless Free Tutorial
- RF and Microwave Microelectronics Packaging
- USB Based Test Equipment
- Link Equation and Link Budget, FRIIS Equation
- Modern transceiver design for RFIC based applications
- COFDM – Coded Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing
- Antenna Radom
- Or go to the Table of Contents (30+ chapters, covering 200+ topics)
- Enjoy Bookmark and Share